Residential Treatment for Antisocial Personality Disorder
Individuals with antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) often live frustrating, unsatisfying lives. Their self-centered attitudes and manipulative behavior may eventually make them social outcasts. While antisocial personality disorder is notoriously difficult to treat, with compassionate intervention women with this condition can learn to alter their thinking and behavioral patterns in positive ways. Gender-specific residential treatment for antisocial personality disorder at Helix can produce encouraging and sustainable results.
Antisocial personality disorder is a mental health condition that interferes with normal development and makes forming constructive relationships nearly impossible.
Our compassionate, intensive residential treatment for antisocial personality disorder can help women suffering from ASPD and provide them the tools they need to learn healthier ways to approach relationships and focus on behavioral skill-building to better enhance their lives.
Our skilled and empathic therapists can provide in-depth understanding and evidence-based treatment services for women who’ve struggled with antisocial personality disorder symptoms. No matter how long they’ve struggled, women with ASPD can become more thoughtful and caring, and eventually find the satisfaction that has eluded them for so long.
Treatment for Antisocial Personality Disorder at Helix
Women with antisocial personality disorder are often disconnected from other people. They can generate barriers that manifest as a lack of compassion and concern, and may frequently lie to or manipulate others to get what they want. Their behavior often seems inconsistent, in that it may be well-calculated to achieve certain goals in some cases, but reckless, spontaneous, and self-sabotaging in other instances.
The symptoms of antisocial personality disorder include:
- A lack of any conception of right and wrong
- Frequent dishonesty or habitual lying
- Cynicism about the true motivations of other people
- Use of charm and false friendliness as a way to manipulate
- Arrogant behavior that reveals feelings of superiority
- Illegal behavior that leads to encounters with the law
- Inability to feel guilt or remorse
- Recklessness, impulsiveness
- Irritability, impatience, moodiness
- Lack of empathy and compassion
- An inability to create or sustain relationships
Antisocial personality disorder is not an easy condition to treat. If you’re diagnosed with this disorder, you will have to work hard to change. You’ll have to be willing to assess your feelings and your behavior honestly and without evasion, while avoiding the temptation to blame others for your troubles.
But if you’re truly ready to take responsibility for your life and your mental health, we can help you develop more productive ways of thinking, acting, feeling, and being.
Why Choose Helix Treatment Centers for Antisocial Personality Disorder Treatment?
Antisocial personality disorder can often be traced to abuse or neglect in childhood. It may also result from exposure to inconsistent parental behavior (sometimes kind, sometimes severe) that can foster deep-seated suspicion and mistrust of others.
Our individualized treatment programs for antisocial personality disorder at Helix will show you how to develop your skills of self-analysis and reflection. If you’re going to heal and grow, you must be able to face the truth about yourself openly and without defensiveness or evasion.
We’ll assist your recovery from antisocial personality disorder by offering intensive therapy on a daily basis, in individual, group, and family therapy sessions. These enlightening meetings will be conducted by kind and empathic counselors who have your best interests at heart. We’ll be there to help you, not judge you, as you strive to change your thinking and behavioral patterns, and to grow as a human being.
During your stay at Helix, you’ll be exposed to multiple therapies that have proven effective at helping women with personality disorders move past their most self-destructive tendencies. Those therapies may include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). CBT is a practical method for reprogramming the way the mind reacts to other people and the world. With CBT, you can consciously change your thinking and behavioral patterns to reject negativity in all its guises, while actively working to replace it with positive and life-affirming responses.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). DBT is similar to CBT, except its focus is on emotions specifically rather than thoughts and behavior. In DBT sessions, you’ll learn to identify and defuse the power of the negative feelings that have motivated your self-centered (and ultimately self-destructive) actions.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). Past exposures to abuse, neglect, or other traumas can lead to the later development of antisocial personality disorder. Bad memories and experiences can ruin your self-image and sabotage your relationships, but the techniques of EMDR can help you better cope with these negative influences.
- Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy (REBT). REBT relies on logical reasoning and sober analysis to identify unproductive or self-destructive thoughts and emotions. When you learn to understand yourself more dispassionately, you’ll empower your efforts to change your life for the better.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). You may struggle to accept the truth about how you’ve used and abused other people. ACT sessions will help you complete this all-important step, which is necessary before self-forgiveness can occur and positive changes can be achieved.
- Family Therapy. In family therapy, you’ll have the chance to make amends to those you’ve hurt in the past. You can also begin the process of building more constructive and honest relationships with the important people in your life, which will give you greater motivation to continue confronting your antisocial personality disorder.
- Holistic Mind-Body Therapies. At Helix, you’ll have opportunities to explore mind–body healing practices that can be powerful antidotes to chronic anxiety, which often underlies antisocial behavior. The holistic healing methodologies you’ll be introduced to may include biofeedback, art and music therapy, acupuncture, or equine therapy.
Residential treatment for antisocial personality disorder at Helix will include additional services for any co-occurring health disorders that we may diagnose during your stay with us.
Mood disorders, anxiety disorders, co-occurring substance use, and other forms of debilitating illness can complicate ASPD recovery. But our comprehensive treatment plans will address these issues with therapy, medication, and other targeted interventions.
Call for a Free Confidential Assessment.877-322-1116
What to Expect the First Day
When you arrive at our facility in sunny San Diego, you’ll be warmly welcomed by all. We’ll be there to answer your questions and help you get acclimated, so you don’t feel overwhelmed or anxious.
Your first stop at Helix will be the admissions office, where you’ll provide your personal information and fill out all necessary paperwork. An intake specialist will guide you through the process, and your family members are welcome to stay and assist you as well.
The next step is to get settled into your room. You’ll have time to unpack and relax before taking your initial tour of the facilities. As you look around, you’ll be able to meet with counselors, administrators, and fellow residents, all of whom will be open, friendly, and accommodating. If you’re feeling at all self-conscious or uneasy about treatment, or about whether you’ll be accepted, these encounters should help relieve those anxieties and create feelings of encouragement and hope.
Sometime within your first 24 hours at Helix, you’ll undergo a comprehensive diagnostic assessment by our staff. Any and all conditions present will be diagnosed at this time, and your treatment plan will be formulated to offer comprehensive services for all existing disorders. Your treatment plan will likely be adjusted as treatment continues, to make sure you receive the best mix of therapies to maximize your chances of recovery.
Your first day at Helix will set a positive and constructive tone for the days ahead. Your comfort level is important to us, and we’ll do everything in our power to make you feel welcome and at home.
Your Helix Treatment Centers Experience
Helix is a small, peaceful, and comfortable mental health treatment facility located in the serene Mt. Helix neighborhood of San Diego. We offer luxurious accommodations, attractive and relaxing common areas indoors and outdoors, delicious and nutritious meals, and other amenities that recreate the experience of a world-class wellness retreat.
We create an ideal environment for recovery from mental health issues. You’ll stay focused on treatment and your motivation levels will remain strong, as you absorb the positive energy at Helix that everyone works hard to create.
The understanding and support you receive from other residents and from our treatment professionals will help you become more trusting and open to listening. This is essential if you are to overcome the worst effects of your antisocial personality disorder. During your time at Helix, you’ll be immersed in a compassionate, inclusive recovery community that will welcome you as one of their own.
The Helix Treatment Centers experience is transformative and unforgettable. When you leave us, you’ll do so realizing that your future can be as bright as you’re determined to make it.
Lasting Change for a Better Life
Your Helix treatment plan will empower your efforts to change your life for the better. Slowly but surely, you’ll gain a clearer vision of where you’ve been, where you want to be, and what you have to do to get there.
Residential treatment for antisocial personality disorder at Helix is based on sound, evidence-based medicine. It’s also uplifting, affirmative, and transformative. Your disorder is real and has been a significant factor in determining your choices and actions, and we will honor your attempts to recover and use our expertise to enable them.
Our skilled and compassionate therapists will help you confront the truth about yourself, without self-recrimination or harsh judgment. They will encourage you to develop your hidden potential for empathy, as you learn to view others as important and worthy. In your interactions with everyone in our caring community, including other women who’ve come to us for treatment, you’ll learn how to build and nurture constructive, mutually beneficial relationships.
Recovery from antisocial personality disorder is a long-term process. But success is within your grasp, if you’re ready to ask for help and willing to accept it with openness and enthusiasm.
Don’t let the effects of antisocial personality disorder control your life. We’re here for you…call us today.