Other Treatment Specialties
Helix Treatment Centers offers comprehensive care for a full range of mental health disorders and works to restore functioning, relieve suffering, and create more fulfilling lives. Our clinicians work with you to uncover underlying emotional issues, diagnose co-occurring mental health disorders, teach healthy coping mechanisms, and enhance life skills.
Additional Mental Health Issues We Treat
At Helix, we offer residential treatment for the following types of trauma disorders and related conditions. Select the disorder of interest below to learn more about our approach to treatment:
- Nervous Breakdown. A nervous breakdown is a non-clinical term that refers to a mental health crisis triggered by excessive stress and a poor or limited ability to cope with that stress in healthy ways.
- Mental Breakdown. People who experience stress or anxiety for a prolonged period may break down under the strain, suffering emotional and psychological symptoms of deep distress.
- High-Functioning Depression. Persistent depressive disorder, also referred to as high-functioning depression, is less severe than major depression but persists for a longer period of time.
- High-Functioning Anxiety. People with high-functioning anxiety experience many symptoms associated with anxiety disorders, but they do not meet the criteria for an anxiety disorder diagnosis
- Failure to Launch. Failure to launch describes situations in which people are struggling to attain their life goals, whether social, professional, physical, financial, or spiritual.
- Phase of Life Issues. The struggle to cope with life changes (such as divorce, retirement, illness, becoming an empty-nester) can create profound emotional reactions and challenges.
- Process Control Disorders. The lack of ability to control participation in destructive behaviors such as gambling, substance use, and other process addictions can lead to profound consequences for a person’s social and professional life, health, financial and legal problems, and deep-seated feelings of shame.
- Process Addictions. Process addictions encompass a wide range of damaging behaviors that threaten your emotional, interpersonal, physical, and financial well-being, including sex addiction, shopping addiction, internet addiction, and compulsive eating.
Secondary Diagnoses We Address During Treatment
Many clients come to Helix with secondary or compounding issues in addition to their primary diagnoses. We believe that only by uncovering the underlying causes and related issues, and addressing them concurrently, can lasting change be achieved.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). A neurobiological disorder that disrupts executive functioning, leading to problems maintaining focus, a lack of impulse control, and problems regulating activity.
- Sexual Identity Issues. Individuals suffering from sexual identity issues experience confusion and inner conflict regarding their sexual desires and practices.
- Conversion Disorder. Conversion disorder is a mental health disorder in which psychological distress is expressed through the body. It may include blindness, paralysis, numbness, or loss of the ability to speak.
- Insomnia. The inability to fall and/or stay asleep and can have deeply negative effects on emotional and physical health and cognitive function.
- Sexual Disorders. Sexual health disorders include the loss of sexual performance, absence of sexual pleasure, and/or sexual habits, preferences, and behaviors that cause emotional or physical damage.
- Eating Disorders. At Helix, we have a deep understanding of the relationship between eating disorders and other mental health disorders that enables us to design personalized treatment programs to support your unique recovery needs.
If you or your loved one is experiencing any of these disorders, don’t hesitate to contact us. We are always available to answer any questions and help you determine if Helix is a good fit.