Our Residential Mental Health Treatment Program for Women
Our innovative trauma-focused residential treatment program addresses the struggles of women with mental health disorders. Our unique somatic-based therapeutic approach to treating trauma is integrated with healing holistic therapies to provide lasting change.
We offer a nurturing, restorative environment where you receive kind, compassionate care provided by highly-experienced clinicians who are trained in the best therapeutic practices available. With a unique somatic approach integrated with experiential and holistic therapies, our innovative program enables you to heal in a profound way.
Our treatment model is gender-specific and your treatment plan is built around your individual needs. With a maximum of six women and a 2:1 staff-to-client ratio, we are able to give you the time, attention, and support you need. Our small size creates an intimate environment and fosters a sense of safety and community where each client can flourish.
Care is delivered in the comfort of our home-like residence where you dine on meals prepared by professional chefs, enjoy our on-site gym, and regenerate in a comfortable surrounding that invites introspection. Relaxation time and family visits are built into our program as vital components to your recovery.
Evidence-Based Residential Treatment for Women
Integrated care for women with a somatic approach is the foundation of our healing therapeutic model. From philosophy to clinical expertise, therapeutic range to physical environment, a program must align with your needs and expectations to encourage full engagement in your healing process.
Our psychiatric and clinical assessments allows us to design thoughtful, comprehensive treatment plans that will set you up for the best possible outcome.
- A thorough assessment and diagnostic process gives us the clarity and insight to develop your individualized treatment plan and set you on a clear path toward healing and reclaiming your life.
- Weekly psychiatrist visits, diagnostic assessments, and up to three intensive psychotherapy sessions per week.
- Two to three daily therapy groups as well as holistic therapies throughout the week. We match you with the therapeutic modalities that best suit your situation, in order to create relevant, meaningful treatment that targets the entire scope of your psychological and physical state.
- A weekly clinical team meeting to review your treatment plan. Due to the close monitoring and constant therapeutic contact afforded by our intensive residential setting, our team is able to monitor your progress and tailor the plan as necessary. This high level of responsiveness and flexibility means more precise, purposeful treatment and faster relief from suffering.
- Family and Couples therapy, phone and email contact, and weekly visits.
- Culturally appropriate care. Our female clients come to us with diverse backgrounds and lifestyles, both from within the United States and around the world. We realize the value of a multicultural understanding of our clients’ situations and have the expertise to explore these issues in insightful and respectful ways.
- Appropriate psychiatric medication treatment. Our philosophy is that medication should provide relief from symptoms and enhance your life as you engage in the therapeutic process. As such, we recommend medication when it is prudent to do so. We aim to create effectual medication protocols that take into account the complete treatment picture and produce the fewest possible side effects. Medication is re-evaluated weekly to ensure you are benefiting from and tolerating your treatment, and we quickly make changes as necessary.
What to Expect When You Arrive at Helix Treatment Centers
For the first two to three weeks of your stay with us, you will undergo a comprehensive assessment period under the observation of our highly skilled, multidisciplinary clinical team. The assessment is extensive in scope and allows the psychiatrist and therapists to gain a full understanding of your individual situation.
- Within 72 hours of arrival, you will receive an in-depth evaluation by one of our psychiatrists. Your diagnosis will be examined to ensure diagnostic clarity, and current medication, as well as medication history, are reviewed.
- You will be given a tour of our facility and shown your room. You will be oriented to the schedule and your daily activities.
- You will be matched up with your primary therapist, who then does her own assessment through a series of individual therapy sessions.
- Your psychiatrist and primary therapist consult with your current and past care providers for a full treatment history, and to gain a broader perspective on specific treatment goals. They also consult with your family members and loved ones to flesh out their understanding of your background and current state.
- Our group and other therapists provide their own assessments and make recommendations for your overall treatment plan.
- You will undergo comprehensive psychological assessment to develop a detailed picture of your emotional and cognitive functioning.
Your Continuing Care Plan
Returning to your home environment after residential treatment can be a vulnerable time. In order to maintain the progress you have made at Helix and encourage further growth, we work closely with you, your family, and your outpatient care team to create a continuing care plan designed around your personal goals and circumstances. Your plan may include referrals to relevant community services, outpatient programs, and peer support groups, as well as reintegration and relapse prevention assignments. We are committed to easing your transition back home and ensuring your continued success.