Residential Treatment for Paranoid Personality Disorder
Women who develop paranoid personality disorder (PPD) are haunted by feelings of mistrust and suspicion, which follow them everywhere and interfere with their relationships. While paranoid personality disorder is a challenging condition to treat, women who have it can learn to manage their most unpleasant symptoms. Residential treatment for paranoid personality disorder at Helix can help women recover their emotional control and change the nature and depth of their interactions with other people.
The effects of paranoid personality disorder on a woman’s life and health can be profound and devastating. This pervasive condition first develops in childhood or adolescence, with consequences that grow in their severity as a person ages. Paranoia left untreated may eventually consume them, making normal, healthy functioning all but impossible.
Women who require treatment for PPD can achieve lasting change if they seek gender-specific residential treatment for paranoid personality disorder at Helix Treatment Centers. Our highly effective paranoid personality disorder treatment plans are customized to meet the unique and complex needs of each individual client. Our evidence-based somatic therapeutic approach to treatment will have a transformative impact on women who’ve struggled with personality disorders and other debilitating conditions.
Signs and Symptoms of Paranoid Personality Disorder
As the name of the condition suggests, PPD is associated with extreme and relentless levels of paranoia. Women who have this disorder lack trust in others, which makes it difficult to form or sustain satisfying or meaningful relationships. Even the smallest triggers can set them off, leaving them convinced others are plotting against them or somehow mistreating them.
Women who have paranoid personality disorder condition:
- Are unable to trust the people who love them
- See signs of dishonesty or deceitfulness everywhere
- Are unwilling to disclose personal details to anyone, for fear of it being used against them
- Hold grudges for slights or mistreatment real or imagined
- Often have prejudicial beliefs about others
- Are hypersensitive to anything they perceive as rejection or criticism
- React with displeasure or anger at those they believe are questioning their character
- Suspect their partners of infidelity or other types of betrayal
- Lack emotional expressiveness or warmth in relationships
- Refuse to accept responsibility for their mistakes
- Blame others for their problems, conflicts, and disappointments
- Find it hard to relax or feel at ease
- Display unprovoked hostility or aggressiveness toward others
- Are prone to developing other mental or behavioral health disorders
Women with PPD experience life as a constant struggle. In their desperation to cope with their anxiety and paranoia, many turn to drugs or alcohol and ultimately sink into addiction. Anxiety disorders and clinical depression frequently develop in women with PPD, as a consequence of chronic and untreated stress.
But once you’ve been diagnosed with paranoid personality disorder, there is real hope for change. If you’re ready to confront the causes of your difficulties honestly and without self-recrimination, our skilled and compassionate treatment experts at Helix can help you move beyond the limitations placed on your life by your PPD. If you have co-occurring mental health conditions, they will be addressed fully and comprehensively as a part of your individualized healing plan.
Treatment for Paranoid Personality Disorder at Helix
Our residential treatment program for paranoid personality disorder is a comprehensive mixture of individual, group, and family therapy sessions. Through an integrative combination of clinical, holistic, experiential, and somatic therapies, we treat paranoid personality disorder with a unique approach that nurtures clients on their journey.
Clients receive weekly psychiatrist visits, diagnostic assessments, and up to three intensive psychotherapy sessions per week with a PhD level Somatic Experiencing Practitioner.
Our primary treatment modalities include:
- Somatic Experiencing (SE)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
We also offer:
- Trauma-Sensitive Yoga
- Relational and Family Psychotherapy
- Grief Counseling
- Adventure Therapy
- Relapse Prevention
- Music Therapy
- Nutritional Evaluation
- Equine-Assisted Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Safe and Sound Protocol
- Access to community peer support groups
Begin Your Recovery Journey.877-322-1116
Why Choose Helix Treatment Centers for Paranoid Personality Disorder Treatment?
Residential Paranoid Personality Disorder Treatment for Women Only
- Our gender-specific program provides women the opportunity to heal in a safe place, develop a support system, and address their issues in a gentle, understanding, restorative environment.
- Clients recover and address their needs in an intimate, nurturing setting with a maximum of six clients.
- We provide compassionate, comprehensive, supportive healing that addresses the emotional, physical, social, and spiritual needs of women.
Unique Somatic-Based Approach to Paranoid Personality Disorder Treatment
- Our innovative, somatic-based therapeutic program is designed to address trauma and mood disorders and how they specifically present in women experiencing a variety of issues.
- Integrated care for women with a somatic approach is the foundation of our healing therapeutic model.
- Clients receive weekly psychiatrist visits, diagnostic assessments, and up to three intensive psychotherapy sessions per week with a PhD level Somatic Experiencing Practitioner.
Integrative Programming for Lasting Change
- Through an integrative combination of clinical, holistic, experiential, and somatic therapies, we treat trauma with a unique approach that nurtures clients on their journey.
- Our program combines somatic-based therapeutic approaches with healing holistic therapies to address the emotional, physical, social, and spiritual needs of women in a profound way.
- Our clinical team are experts in the treatment of trauma disorders in women employing a unique and effective combination of psychiatry, psychotherapy, somatic, and integrative therapies.
What to Expect Your First Day
At Helix, we understand the immense obstacles women with PPD face as they attempt to cope with life’s challenges. From the very first moment you arrive at our facility, we’ll strive to make you feel comfortable, relaxed, and welcome. Women come to Helix to heal, not to be judged or criticized, and throughout your stay at our facility, you will always be treated with consideration and respect.
Your first stop at Helix will be the admissions office, where we will answer your questions and help you complete the admissions process as quickly as possible. Once these procedures are finished, you’ll have a chance to unpack, settle in, and rest in your room, as you gradually adjust to your new surroundings. Eventually, you’ll be escorted on a tour of the facility, where you’ll have the opportunity to speak with treatment professionals and peers about any topics that interest or concern you. Right from the beginning, you’ll be welcomed with open arms by everyone, which is a testament to the community spirit that enriches life at Helix.
You’ll undergo a complete medical evaluation under the expert care of a staff psychiatrist. During this process, you’ll receive a comprehensive diagnosis, which is especially important if you haven’t been officially diagnosed with paranoid personality disorder or any other condition. Your treatment program will be customized based on the findings of this evaluation, and you can rest assured your recovery plan will include extensive services for all the troubling symptoms you’ve been experiencing.
Your Helix Treatment Centers Experience
Located in the lovely Mt. Helix neighborhood in a quiet section of San Diego, Helix Treatment Centers offers a unique and sustainable pathway to great health and deep personal transformation.
Your Helix experience will include unlimited access to well-furnished, comfortable living quarters, bright and airy common areas and recreational spaces, beautiful lawns and greenery outdoors, and delicious gourmet-quality meals that will help restore you to top physical health.
When you recover at Helix, you’ll be surrounded by peaceful energy and the warm embrace of a unified healing community.
Your time at Helix will leave you in much better health, with lasting memories and a dramatically changed perspective.
Lasting Change for a Better Life
Conditions like paranoid personality disorder are often unacknowledged. But once received a diagnosis, positive change is finally within your grasp.
Women who come to Helix Treatment Centers for help with a personality disorder have already taken a giant step forward. At Helix, you’ll be surrounded by people who care about you as an individual and who are committed to helping you reach your full potential.
The time you spend at Helix will be a wise investment. With our empathic, expert help you can change your life forever and begin to experience the world as a place of hope, joy, and possibility. No matter how long you’ve been struggling with paranoid personality disorder, our comprehensive recovery program can show you a better way.
Don’t let the effects of paranoid personality disorder control your life. We’re here for you…call us today.